Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Roman Forum and Colosseum

My parents came to visit me for Spring Break! They wanted to see all the quintessential Roman buildings - aka we became extreme tourists for a few days! We started with the Roman Forum and Colosseum for our first day. Although I have passed by the forum many times, this was my first guided tour of the area. It was really cool to learn the history behind all of the structures. My favorite part of the tour was seeing Julius Caesar's temple and burial place. People had placed flowers on his grave on the anniversary of his death - the Ides of March. Our tour guide said this was cheesy but I thought it was really special that the people of Rome still honor their history.



 Burial place of Julius Caesar

 Temple turned Church in the middle of the Forum



 My family!

 Mom in the Colosseum





 View of the Palentine Hill from the Colosseum


No comments:

Post a Comment