Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Food

I just found out that my sister has decided to come to Rome next semester! I want to keep track of my favorite restaurants so when she comes she will know where to eat! 

Napoleatano's 
Viale Regina Margherita, 72 00198 Roma

This is by far the best place to get Appertivo - which means appetizers and drinks. Italians eat dinner around 8 or 9 pm so obviously you might get hungry before then which is why people go to Appertivo! I reccommend the pomodoro gnocchi, hot chocolate, and their strawberry bellini. The bruschetta is also a lot for you money! Not to mention this restaurant is located in front of the pantheon! Enjoy your meal next to history - so picture worthy!

Menu 

 Hot Chocolate!

Pomodoro Gnocchi


Dar Poeta 
Vicolo Del Bologna 45

You can't live in Trastevere and not visit Dar Poeta. This place is iconic and has become well known for its pizza. I recommend everything! For dessert the nutella and ricotta calzone is a must. 

Nutella and ricotta calzone - mouth watering. Photo credit: Google.


Friend's Cafe 
Piazza Trilussa, 3400153 RomaItalia

Located right next to Piazza Trilussa, Cafe Friend's is super close to JCU campus. This is the best place to get large cups of coffee. My favorite drinks are the cappuccino friends (Iced cappuccino with chocolate) or the freddo cappuccino (Iced cappuccino). Their muffins and baked goods are also really great! They have american style breakfasts here as well. 

Insalata Ricca
Piazza Albania, 3, 00153 Roma

A perfect place to get a make your own salad. I heard about Insalata Ricca before I came to Rome so I knew when I got here I had to try it. I haven't been too adventurous because everytime I have ordered there I get a grilled turkey salad with corn and no mushrooms - HEAVEN! All of the salads look delicious and the best part is you can get them to go! Great for lunch or a light dinner. 


Grilled Turkey Salad. (Half- eaten) :)

Cacio e Pepe 
Vicolo del Cinque 15RomaItalia

Delishh!! I've had the bolognese and this amazing pizza below. The appetizers are also really great. Not as cheap as I would like but so worth it! 

Pizza with mozzarella and salami

Cafe Savoy 
Vítězná 124/5, 150 00 Praha 5, Repubblica Ceca

This restaurant is located in Prague but it receives honorable mention from me! I was told to order the pea soup because it is the best soup you will ever eat. I ordered it and was AMAZED. Best thing I ate in Prague - possibly the best thing I have ordered abroad so far!

Pea Soup

T-Bone Station 
Via di Santa Dorotea, 21, 00153 Roma


Craving American food? T-Bone Station is the place to go. One night my friends and I were walking around in the rain searching and searching for a place to eat. Italians apparently do not like to open their restaurants on Mondays. We searched until we came across this place that looked pretty good and we saw that it was called the American Steakhouse. I had the BEST cheeseburger I have ever eaten and delicious french fries. I think it tasted so good because I was homesick for some american style cooking! They also have mexican food, margaritas, chicken fingers, and everything else that makes an american mouth water. 


More food posts to come along the way I am sure...


No comments:

Post a Comment