Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tuscany

Visiting Tuscany was far from what I expected my trip to be like. First of all, our accommodations were extremely nice - we had villas that included hot springs - and horseback riding and wine tasting sounded like great excursions to go on. However, I have never seen so much rain, snow, hail, and sleet in one weekend in my entire life. Horseback riding was canceled, wine tasting was freezing, and we ended up barely leaving our villa. When we did leave, we toured the small towns of tuscany in the hail and rain. Luckily I get the chance to go back with my parents when they come to visit in March. We ended up improvising and drinking wine and playing cards which turned out to be a fun alternative to staying in Rome for the weekend. 





 View from the top of Orvieto 


      

The Duomo in Orvieto 




Buffet dinner with free wine :)



 Civita di Bagnoregio

No comments:

Post a Comment